Roman Kemp admits to sending ‘offensive‘ historic tweets just days before rumoured I‘m A Celeb stint

‘I‘m truly, deeply and utterly sorry‘: Roman Kemp admits to sending ‘offensive and appalling‘ historic tweets just days before rumoured I‘m A Celeb appearance

Roman Kemp has apologised for posting offensive tweets historically however did not specify what he had sent.

The Capital Radio host is reportedly set to head to Australia as part of the line-up for this year‘s  and ahead of his departure he took to Instagram stories on Saturday, where he issued a grovelling apology for his previous ‘appalling‘ tweets.

The son of Martin Kemp, 26, appeared downcast in his video and admitted that he was ‘truly, deeply and utterly sorry‘ over his historic social media posts.

In the somber video the usually upbeat star appeared serious as he explained that he had trawled through his previous posts to see if he had written anything that could cause ‘harm or offence‘ to anyone. 

Explaining his actions, he said: ‘I wanted to talk about something I’ve seen a lot of celebrities talking about, and people around the world talking about, and that is the use of language online.

‘I went through something terrible with a troll online and it encouraged me to look back and take responsibility to see if I had ever posted anything that could cause harm or offence to someone.

‘Being totally honest, I‘m shocked and appalled and ashamed to say I did find things.‘

Looking sincerely into the camera, the star insisted that he was ‘truly, deeply and utterly sorry‘ for his past actions and words online. 

He continued: ‘I did find things I’m not at all proud of. I don’t associate myself with that.

‘I know the person who wrote those things is not the man I am now, but they were there.

‘I made the conscious decision to get those things, I have deleted those things.

‘I don’t want that negativity in the world. I don’t want the legacy I have on the internet to be a place where there is negativity, or something that can cause offence.

‘For anyone that has ever been offended by something I have said online, I am truly, deeply and utterly sorry.‘

Receive News & Ratings Via Email - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.

Roman went on to say that he wanted to become a good social media user who spreads ‘happiness‘ and encouraged his followers to do the same.

He added: ‘Going forward, I want to be that good social media user that spreads happiness about humans, not negativity.

‘I hope that you watching this want to do the same. Together, let’s make the internet a bit of a better place.‘

MailOnline have ed representatives of Roman for comment. 

Last year Roman was branded ‘racist‘ on Twitter following comments he made about South Korean pop group BTS‘ music sounding like ‘noise‘ on his radio show.

Roman received 60 complaints to Ofcom about the comments he made after one of the band‘s tracks played on the show but the matter wasn‘t taken further.  

Roman‘s apology comes two years after YouTube blogger Jack Maynard, 24, was kicked off I‘m A Celebrity after historic offensive tweets of his resurfaced.

Jack was in the jungle for just two days before being pulled from the show after racist and homophobic messages were found on his account.  

It is also said that there were claims of inappropriate behaviour towards an underage girl when he was 16-years old. 

Jack‘s agent made the decision to pull him out of the show after the remarks from several years ago resurfaced. 

He went on to address the accusations in a video on his YouTube channel, titled ‘My Explanation‘. He said: ‘I‘m sorry to anyone that I upset, anyone that I offended, anyone I made feel uncomfortable.

‘Growing up I was all over social, my entire life was on social media and through that it led to be my job. I‘ve tweeted some bad things, some horrible things, some pretty disgusting things that I‘m just ashamed of.

‘I never wanted to make anything like this, I feel like I‘ve let you guys down so much, I was young, I was stupid, I was careless, I just wasn‘t thinking.‘

Roman is heavily rumoured to be jetting off to Australia to join the line-up for the new series of the Ant and Dec fronted ITV show, which kicks off on Sunday 17 November.

Other stars tipped to join the show include Caitlyn Jenner, Nadine Coyle, Kate Garraway, Myles Stephenson and James Haskell.   

Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*